Section1) Multiple Choice:
1) Question: ____________ involves determining long-tem objectives by analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of an organization, studying opportunities and threats in the business environment, predicting future trends, and projecting the need for new products and Services.
Answer: Strategic planning
2) Question: A____________ is a document used to coordinate all project planning documents and help guide a project’s execution and control.
Answer: Project Management Plan
3) Question: ____________ involves reviewing the project charter and preliminary scope statement created during the initiation process and adding more information during the planning process as requirements are developed and change requests are approved.
Answer: Scope Definition
4) Question: ____________ involves formalizing acceptance of the project scope. Key project stakeholders, such as the customer and sponsor for the project, inspect and then formally accept the deliverables of the project during this process.
Answer: Scope Verification
5) Question: It is helpful to document project success criteria in the ____________
Answer: Project Scope statement
6) Question: A ____________ is a deliverable- oriented grouping of the work involved in a project that defines the total scope of the project.
Answer: Work breakdown structure
7) Question: Scope ____________ involves formal acceptance of the completed project scope by the stakeholders.
8) Question: The goal of the activity ____________ process is to ensure that the project team has complete understanding of all the work they must do as part of the project scope so they can start scheduling the work.
9) Question: Sequential activities in a project schedule should have a ____________ relationship.
10) Question: Good ____________ is very important to project success because it helps improve the accuracy of time, cost, and resource estimates, it defines a baseline for performance measurement and project control, and it aides in communicating clear work responsibilities.
Answer: Scope planning
11) Question: A project ____________ is a collection of project phases.
Answer: Life Cycle
12) Question: ____________ is not an attribute of a project.
Answer: Projects involve little uncertainty.
13) Question: A ____________ is a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, services, or result.
14) Question: ____________ is not part of SWOT?
15) Question: The goal of project portfolio management is to help maximize business value to ensure ____________
Answer: Enterprise success
16) Question: The ____________ process group involves all the knowledge areas being considered.
17) Question: The ____________ is a crucial part of the project charter, which allows the key project stakeholders to acknowledge their agreement on the need for the project.
18) Question: The ____________ formally recognizes the existence of a project and provides direction on the project’s objectives and management.
Answer: Project Charter
19) Question: A____________ is a task at the lowest level of the WBS that represents the level of work that the project manager uses to monitor and control the project.
Answer: Work Package
20) Question: A ____________ is a deliverable-oriented grouping of the work involved in a project that defined the total scope of the project.
Section2) Short Answers:
21) List and briefly describe the main processes involved in project scope management, and briefly describe two outputs from the processes
22) Define Project management. List five characteristics of a project. List and describe the five project management process groups